“Youth to Youth” has as main objective to educate and raise awareness on human rights trough out two different phases:
To begin, university students receive an academic formation from experts in diverse topics, so they can afterwards go to schools and pass on their knowledge in a dynamic way to pupils in between 5 and 18 years old.
The programme has been running the past nineteen years all over the Spanish territory, and even in some places abroad. 2020 was not going to be any different.
This experience has been very well received by the students of Universitat de València, who had the opportunity to learn about:
- Basic human rights concepts
- Sustainable development concepts
- Migratory Law
- Gender equality and non-discrimination
- Tolerance on social media, facing hate crimes
- Environment and sustainability
Students will soon attend school centres from your region to hold four different sessions on the topics of their choice. Therefore, they develop management and communication skills while raising awareness among primary and secondary students.
If you are interested, there are still places available for the cities we are going to be visiting in the upcoming months. Here you can find the links to register for the forthcoming calls:
- Málaga: From March 30th to April 3rd https://cutt.ly/Srx6Dpm
- Las Palmas: From April 20th to April 26th https://cutt.ly/drx6L3S
- Toledo: From April 27th To May 4th https://cutt.ly/Zrx6CZ9