Nov 18, 2022 | Education, Talleres
We are aware that security and integrity are matters of high priority, which is why we want to invite you to a self-protection and defense against sexual violence class intended for youth from 13 to 35 years old.
It will be held on Saturday December 17th from 15:30h to 19:30h at Plaza del Conde del Valle de Súchil, 10, 28015, Madrid, and it has a cost of 30 euros per person.
Theoretical as well as practical topics will be covered. The theoretical content will cover types of violence, how to ask for help and important legislations. In the practical section of the workshop, intervention tactics will be taught for different types of aggression, as well as persuasion through verbal tactics.
There are only 20 available places, reserve your spot by writing an email: email@example.com
Enrollment is open, sign up today!
Jul 13, 2022 | Talleres
We open the call for our awareness course aimed at teaching staff in which the following topics will be discussed:
- Explanation about the sex-gender system and its repercussions in the personal and in the social structure.
- The effect that this system of gender division has on the educational system.
- With everything collected, tools will be offered to promote positive social change in the classroom.
- Provide teaching staff with the necessary tools to identify inequalities in the educational field, and to develop a non-sexist education that provides values of equality and contributes to overcoming discrimination and social prejudice.
- Provide the necessary resources to carry out egalitarian educational practices in the classroom.
We will have Celia Garrido, who has previously collaborated with us in different formations with a gender perspective. Celia is a consultant, trainer and expert in gender equality and violence.
- She was part of the project to prevent sexist violence in education “Beatings don’t just hurt”.
- Designs and develops awareness, reflection and training workshops for different public and private entities.
Data of interest:
- The session will be held online on the ZOOM platform.
- Hours: 4:00 p.m. to 8:00 p.m.
- Date: November 2 and 3, 2022.
- Free training subsidized by the Ayuntamiento de Madrid.
Registration through this link: https://forms.gle/qJ7v34p6ofyEg2LMA
Oct 20, 2021 | Youth to Youth
On Monday, October 25, the canarian youth enrolled in Youth for Youth began the training course on Human Rights. This course will take place until Friday, October 22, in the Nexo building located on the Tafira campus, thanks to the collaboration of the University of Las Palmas de Gran Canaria (ULPGC). The president of Helsinki Spain, María Jaén, and the Vice-Chancellor for Students, Alumni and Employability of the ULPGC, David Sánchez, opened the course this Monday. (You can see the news at the ULPGC’s web)
Throughout the week, the students will be trained on human rights, sustainable development goals and other related subjects such as gender equality, mental and emotional health, environment protection, migration, refugees and asylum, the fight against bullying. and the responsible use of social networks. The course is given by experts in the different subjects, having the students the opportunity to recreate some of the dynamics that they will later put into practice in the schools.
It will be an intense but crucial week to train and transmit what you have learned to the little ones!
Jun 1, 2021 | Gender equality, Human Rights, REACT
Yesterday, we successfully launched out REACT’s course XXV edition (Rapid Expert Assistance and Co-operation Teams). The Social Centre Platja Albir de l’Alfàs del Pi in Alicante, Spain kindly welcomed us in their facilities and gave us the space we required to implement the course. This year’s participants will be staying in Alicante until 26th June and will later go to Segovia to receive a practical training course about handling the critical situations and/or emergency situations while being deployed in hostile environments.
During our opening event, the Cooperations and Volunteering councilors: Isabel Muñoz and Martine Mertens as well as Equality councilor: Rocío Guijarro joined our president María Jaén Barandiarán and our secretary general Ángela Suárez Jaimes to welcome the participants who assisted.
REACT, ever since its creation in 2003, has maintained its main goal to be: prepare professionals with diverse career paths who are interested in joining REACT also from the Organization for Security and Cooperation in Europe (OSCE). This year this course takes in people who have traveled from different parts of the world such as Afghanistan, Argentina, Cameroon, Colombia, Spain, Ethiopia, Mexico, Nigeria and Togo with the purpose of providing necessary knowledge and abilities to achieve a good management in peacebuilding and conflict prevention.
In this edition, REACT has the honor to receive professors and lecturers who have vast knowledge in humanitarian action, human rights, gender equality, peace missions, etc. and they also have the experience of working in international organizations such as the United Nations, European Union, OSCE, OTAN, International Committee of the Red Cross, NGOs with a humanitarian nature, among others.
For our first course that took place yesterday, our participants attended the lecture regarding the topic International Human Rights Law taught by Professor Adam Dublin who was a legal fellow in the United Nations Office of the Co-Prosecutors at the Cambodian genocide tribunal and also worked in India in issues related to human rights and girls and women’s protection.
Mar 26, 2021 | Gender equality, Human Rights, Talleres, Youth to Youth
Free awareness Webminar for Teaching Staff in which the following topics will be discussed:
- Explanation of the gender system and its repercussions on the staff and on the social structure.
- Effects the gender division system on the educational system.
- Once all the information has been presented, tools to promote a positive social change inside the classroom will be offered.
Providing the teaching staff with the necessary tools to identify inequalities in education, and to develo a non-sexist education that provides values of equality and helps to overcome discrimination ans social prejudice. Providing with the necessary resources to carry out egalitarian educational practivces in the classroom as well.
Our guest speaker will be Celia Garrido, who has previously collaborated with us in different formations with gender perspective. Celia is a consultant, trainer and expert on gender equality and violence.
- She was part of the project to prevent sexist violence in education “not only punches hurt”.
- She is also part of the teaching staff of the Master in Maltrato y violencia de género – UNED.
- She designs and develops awarenes, reflection and training workshops for different public and private entities.
For the 2021 edition, due to the health situation we are facing nowadays, the webminar will be carried out through the ZOOM platform.
Dates: Wednesday the 14th and Thursday the 15h of April, 2021